IFF Is Looking for a Community Health Researcher
We Are Looking for a Community Health Researcher and Writer to Lead IFF’s First-ever Community Health Report.
A first for the Internet Freedom Festival, the Community Health Report will provide a snapshot of the health and wellbeing of Internet Freedom (IF) communities and networks around the world. The report will provide a deeper understanding of the challenges IF networks are having in regards to community engagement, sustainability and growth and will be a culmination of in-depth research conducted through one-to-one interviews, surveys, and other fact-gathering methods. You will play a huge role in helping the IFF Team document and understand the trends and feedback we have received.
The IFF team anticipates the publication of this report will be of great use to funders, stakeholders, and the larger IF communities that are tracking community health issues.
Your Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- With the IFF Team, establish community health indicators to be used for research
- Create strategy to collect and synthesize needed information
- Conduct one-to-one interviews with community members from different regions and disciplines
- Design and distribute any surveys or other data collecting method deemed appropriate
- Help identify areas of focus for diverse community initiatives, to help complement research
- Write the Community Health Report
We Look for People with (Required Qualifications):
- Strong writing, interpersonal communications, and research skills
- Eagerness or enthusiasm when talking to different people. You will be conducting a lot of remote or in-person interviews.
- Appreciation for data, both quantitative and qualitative. You value anecdotes or stories to help shape a narrative.
- Experience in creating or launching surveys
- Experience writing and editing 10+ page reports
- Flexibility and ability to work independently with minimal supervision. The IFF Team is distributed, yet very collaborative.
- Excellent command of written English
- Passion for serving the Internet Feedoom community, and a good sense of humor.
We’d be Particularly Delighted to Hire Someone with These Abilities/Skills:
- Experience with community health. This can be wellness initiatives with the networks and/or communities you belong to.
- In anticipation of a public launch of the report, we’d love you to participate in webinars or promotional events.
Anticipated start time: July 1, 2020
Duration of project: 8 months, inclusive of research, writing, and launch of report. Contract may be extended to account for additional work.
Compensation: Contract / $30,000 – $34,500 dependent on experience
How to Apply
We are not accepting applications at this time and are currently reviewing the amazing submissions we have received so far.