August 27 2020 GM
From IFF Wiki
We dedicated this Glitter Meetup to share some news from different regions, projects updates and resources between the community members.
- With Hacks and Cameras, Beijing’s Electronic Dragnet Closes on Hong Kong. Click here for more information
- Hasgeek has a new update: they are notifying people when something relevant happens.
- Online SOS offers two new Action Plans for journalists who may face Threats of Violence or Online Sexual Harassment (aka gendered threats). The content was researched and written by two freelance journalists, and advised by the former head of journalist digital security at New York Times.
- Harm reduction tips from Hacking//Hustling for how to make sure you can keep your audience even when shadowbanned in the US.
- Recorded talk by Hacking//Hustling, Ingrid Burrington, & Olivia McKayla that includes shadowbanning (around 22:00).
- This is the study on Content Moderation Hacking/Hustling is currently conducting.
- Trollbusters doing some really amazing new training/coaching calls for journalists and activists.
- Some community members will lead a Digital Rights Popup Forum during the Sweden Internet Days.
- A participant shared their latest post about the problems with Wiki communities.
- USABLE/Internews have a UX Fund call for proposals opening.
- Gus is working on a project called Cyber Nation to do short films to teach about topics in digital security and digital citizenship.
- GlobaLeaks is about to launch their new website.
- Buzzfeed's latest reports uncovering Xinjiang’s camps through blanked out spots on China’s maps.