December 10 2020, MENA Meetup
The monthly meetups bring together folks from the MENA region to share, connect, seek help, and release stress by celebrating each other. In addition, it's a time for us to find ways to support each other, and help us understand what is happening in our part of the world. If you cannot attend the monthly meetups, we are taking notes of each gathering and linking to them below.
The MENA community is connected during the week in different ways. Either through various MENA-focused channels on the IFF Mattermost or via different events organized on various topics during the year.
Date: Thursday, December 10th
Time: 6pm Central Africa Time (UTC+2) / 11am EST (UTC-5)
Who: Facilitated by Rima and Wafaa
Where: The Meetjitsi link will be shared in the Regional:MENA Channel on the IFF Mattermost one or two hours before the start of the meeting.
- Don't have an account to the IFF Mattermost? you can request one following the directions here.
!his is our last meeting in 2020! let's take a minute to reflect on this year and how we are looking to the future from where we stand now?
- There's not enough collaboration between internet freedom activists in the region from different speaking languages especially on issues of connectivity.
- Check #Keepiton coalition
- On limits of funding in our space, recommendations:
- diversifying funding
- financial transparency
- commitment to common values
- keep an eye on funders, funders who sponsor problemtic actors