The Internet Freedom Festival is created by the community for the community. It literally could not exist without the help of volunteers. If you would like to volunteer, please reach out the Volunteer Coordinator Victoria Sanches at email@example.com
Registration Desk Volunteer Schedule
To check the times of your shift, or to sign up for one visit the Volunteer Schedule.
To All Participants: Session Volunteers
This year at each session we will have three volunteer positions that must be decided upon before a session begins - copies of these, the Session Roles Cards, will be available in each room:
- Note-taker: Your job is to record agenda items, areas of agreement and disagreement, action items, etc. Several people can take notes at once!
- Timekeeper: Your job is to estimate the time needed for each agenda item and interrupt if people are going seriously over time.
- Gatekeeper: Your job is to politely interrupt people who have been talking too long.
The fourth position will be filled you, the presenter; however, in some cases it could also be filled by a volunteer depending on the session:
- Facilitator: This job is usually reserved for speakers of the session. Your job is to guide and structure the discussion so that it covers the relevant topics and participants feel progress has been made.
Please read the Volunteer Manual before you arrive in Valencia. It has pertinent information that you should know as someone participants will be asking for answers.
Unclaimed Tasks or Current Needs
- Update the Clinics_and_Hospitals page on the wiki. This may require calling them to see how they handle people not insured in the EU, or finding private clinics that will accept people without insurance.
- Latin America Dinner: Sergio is planning but may need help
- Social Media monitors
If you would like to volunteer as a translator, please put your name below, your languages and some method of contacting you. If are uncomfortable sharing your email on the wiki, please visit the registration desk.
English/French/Spanish -- Nathalie Maréchal, firstname.lastname@example.org
French/English -- Kevin, email@example.com
Tech on Hand: Pablo |
Volunteer Coordinator: Victoria |
Translator: English-Arabic, Arabic-English, French-English, English-French | Rahma Sghaier firstname.lastname@example.org
We have several meetups planned. Do you want to host one not listed? Then email email@example.com and let us know so we can add your meetup!!! Currently, we the following, but you can view times locations, etc on the meetups page.