April 22 2021 GM
Glitter Meetup is the weekly town hall of the Internet Freedom community at the IFF Square on the IFF Mattermost, at 9am EDT / 1pm UTC. Do you need an invite? Learn how to get one here.
@ April 22 | Latin America Meetup https://internetfreedomfestival.org/wiki/index.php/Latin_American_Monthly_Meetups
@ April 29 | Feminist Funding & Autonomous Resourcing | Glitter Meetup Featured Guest: AWID https://internetfreedomfestival.org/wiki/index.php/April_29_2021_GM
@ April 29 | Coffee Talk with Matt Mitchell https://digitalrights.formstack.com/forms/cks38
@ May 5 | Africa Meetup https://internetfreedomfestival.org/wiki/index.php/Africa_Monthly_Meetups
@ May 13 | CKS: Remote Online Harassment During COVID19: How To Study Harm, Trauma and Violence Online with an Intersectional and Racial Justice Lens https://digitalrights.formstack.com/forms/cks39
@ May 20 | MENA Meetup https://internetfreedomfestival.org/wiki/index.php/MENA_Monthly_Meetups
- GitLabCI: they are scripts you can trigger from a repo, when pushing or scheduling them. i have made this page.
- For future in-person meetings, we need more equity with the vaccine
- Facebook announced it has broken up a hacker network used by President Mahmoud Abbas' intelligence service in an attempt to keep tabs on journalists, human rights activists and government critics.
- Israeli cyber firm NSO negotiates with Jordanian intelligence
- Rising Flame is a group based in Mumbai with some great articles and events
- We want to start a “walking buddies" trend!
Brainstorming on resources that we need
- Resources to share on nonprofit management (portals with support, templates etc)
- More COVID19 predictions and data, like the pilot one
- Resources on disability and surveillance before
- Best ways to keep a sustainable level of energy to function amid the pandemic, resources on best and safest ways to organize online and offline as activists
Issues and challenges that we need to focus on
- Career development for "non-profit professionals"
- Braistorm on what people want in regards to psychosocial services/care.
- Privacy for web developers - how to protect your visitors privacy
- How do we get countries to stop hoarding vaccines
- Hear from people who lead open source projects and can share how they built community & sustainability
- Nonprofit management: OrgOrg, it’s a community for admin & HR and a lot of nonprofit as well as tech people are in it. it may be US centric:
- For learning privacy for web developers
- Using Google fonts is a problem:
- google web services gather information about your visitors with those apps
- The font gets requested by the visitor from Google, so Google Analytics gets their IP address
- You will notice that Privacy Badger often blocks a Google fonts API
- The privacy badge helps the users that have it, but if the website is well done you dont have problems. you can always visit your own website with the privacy badger and see the results
- Matomo is a good alternative