April 22 2021 GM
From IFF Wiki
Revision as of 16:14, 8 June 2021 by Iffadmin
Glitter Meetup is the weekly town hall of the Internet Freedom community at the IFF Square on the IFF Mattermost, at 9am EDT / 1pm UTC. Do you need an invite? Learn how to get one here.
- [GitLabCI]: are scripts you can trigger from a repo, when pushing or scheduling them.
- Doctors Without Borders Implores US, EU to Stop Blocking Vaccine Patent Waiver [article here]
- Facebook announced it has broken up a hacker network used by President Mahmoud Abbas' intelligence service in an attempt to keep tabs on journalists, human rights activists and government critics.
- Israeli cyber firm NSO negotiates with Jordanian intelligence
- Rising Flame is a group based in Mumbai with some great articles and events
- Some community members shared an interest in starting a walking buddy system, where folks can take walks with each other virtually or in person
Brainstorming on resources that we need
- Resources on nonprofit management (portals with support, templates etc)
- More COVID19 predictions and data, like the pilot one
- Resources on disability and surveillance before
- Best ways to keep a sustainable level of energy to function amid the pandemic, resources on best and safest ways to organize online and offline as activists
Issues and challenges that we need to focus on
- Career development for "non-profit professionals"
- Braistorm on what people want in regards to psychosocial services/care.
- Privacy for web developers - how to protect your visitors privacy
- How do we get countries to stop hoarding vaccines
- Hear from people who lead open source projects and can share how they built community & sustainability
- Nonprofit management: OrgOrg, it’s a community for admin & HR and a lot of nonprofit as well as tech people are in it. it may be US centric:
- For learning privacy for web developers
- Using Google fonts is a problem:
- google web services gather information about your visitors with those apps
- The font gets requested by the visitor from Google, so Google Analytics gets their IP address
- You will notice that Privacy Badger often blocks a Google fonts API
- The privacy badge helps the users that have it, but if the website is well done you dont have problems. you can always visit your own website with the privacy badger and see the results
- Matomo is a good alternative