April 29 2021 GM
Glitter Meetup is the weekly town hall of the Internet Freedom community at the IFF Square on the IFF Mattermost, at 9am EST / 1pm UTC. Do you need an invite? Learn how to get one here.
- Date: Thusday, April 29th
- Time: 9am EST / 1pm UTC
- Topic: Feminist funder space and autonomous resourcing
- Featured Guest:
Hear from Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID)'s Fenya Fischler and Tenzin Dolker on:
- Current trends in the feminist funder space, and how projects should research and apply for funding.
- Provide examples of autonomous resourcing, helping individuals brainstorm ideas that may work for them.
- Funding modalities. Specifically, how funding happens, and how it could better serve movements.
You don't want to miss this Glitter Meetup! Last year has shown that in order to be sustainable, we as digital rights defenders have to think outside of the box. AWID has years of experience doing so, and their wisdom and guidance will be an incredible gift this upcoming GM!
Fenya is a Resourcing Feminist Movements Coordinator at AWID and is currently based in Brussels. Apart from this, Fenya has been involved in various grassroots groups focusing food justice, building queer Jewish community and migrant solidarity. She is particularly interested in building communities of collective care and harm reduction.
Tenzin Dolker is a Tibetan feminist advocate and researcher currently based in Chicago. At the Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID), she facilitates, analyses and writes on the state of resourcing for feminist organsing. Tenzin Dolker is also a PhD fellow in governance and policy analysis at UNU-MERIT at Maastricht University where she researches gender and labour migration in Asia.
Notes will be posted here