The following updates do not have names associated with them. However, if you interested in a specific item and connecting the people(s) associated with the work, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can facilitate an intro if the people(s) consent to it.
- New org in latin america in the works ( Con-nexo). They will be developing projects on capacity building on security, research, security support to organizations, tool development and community generation around communities at risk and security in general.
- Lots of love happening for SAFETAG fellowship
- Zimbabwe still doesnt' have a president even after voting
- Found out Digital Society of Zimbabwe was born in the IFF :)
- Folks working on security investigation framework in tails. Prototype coming soon! Github here: https://gitlab.com/scif/whiskers
- Blog posts coming out taimed at helping new auditors get in the SAFETAG mindset; as it can be very overwhelming to try and tackle the guide as it exists now
- Someone who did research on digital censorship in post-soviet states and how each country's approach differs (about a third have very free internet and about a third have internet censorship in place), is currently talking to a publisher about turning it into a book on the history of censorship in the region.
- Someone is cultivating digital security trainers to assist HRDs in Southeast Asia as many trainers are still flown in.
- Past DIF Folks asking that a community is created so they can further connect.
- Various games made by people in the community such as BLOOG: how formal and informal groups interact in crisis. we called it ENCAPE
http://blog.bl00cyb.org/2017/08/interfaces-between-formal-and-informal-crisis-response/, Malicious Content, the infosec card game like Cards against humanit, and the depressing, Cards against Humanitarians" -- now JadedAid -- http://jadedaid.com/).