Glitter Meetup is where the Internet Freedom Festival comes to you virtually every week! It is a recurring gathering designed to help the Internet Freedom community connect & share throughout the year It happens every Thursday at 9:00am EST/EDT.
When: Every Thursday @ 9am EST | 3pm ECT | 1pm UCT | 9pm CST
How: To request an invite to the IFF Mattermost, email firstname.lastname@example.org
What: Participants get the opportunity to virtually network with each other, get answers or advice to questions they may have, share updates about their work, and/or share glitter memes :) In addition, each week it hosts a featured guest with a specific expertise, regional knowledge, or working on an interesting project. We encourage you to check out the schedule below.
Missed Previous Week's Meetups? We Keep Notes!
Check out agenda and notes of past meetups in the Community Updates page!
What takes place during the meetup?
Well, its really decided by YOU! However, this is what we would love to see:
- Ask any questions you may have on any topic. Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, and more than likely there is a person in our community who probably can help.
- Share your work and projects. How else can we all keep up on all the amazing work happening!
- Connect with others! So many of us work virtually, and we are spread all over the world, its nice to have a time and place each week where you can meetup with new and old friends.
- Help each other! The most important element to community resilience is solidarity. Lets show each other we care.
- Celebrate glitter. Its an IFF thing, and it makes people happy and full of sparkle!!