June 30 2022 GM
Glitter Meetup is the weekly town hall of the Internet Freedom community at the IFF Square on the IFF Mattermost, at 9am EST / 1pm UTC. Do you need an invite? Learn how to get one here.
Date: Thursday, June 30rd
Time: 9am EDT / 1pm UTC
Who: Selma Zaki
Moderator: Danae Tapia
Where: On IFF Mattermost Square Channel.
- Don't have an account to the IFF Mattermost? you can request one following the directions here.
Pathways to Organizational Health
Learn about Team CommUNITY recently published Community Health Report, Pathways to Organizational Recovery’
The NEW report is designed to provide digital rights community leaders with practical insight and recommendations to help them prioritize the wellbeing and health of their teams and employees, while also offering insights into the psychosocial challenges the Covid-19 pandemic has had on digital rights defenders.
- Learn why it's more important than ever for organizational and community leaders in the digital rights field to prioritize ethics of care. In other words, centering their action and decision-making around care for their people and the communities they serve.
- Hear about valuable analysis, trends and recommendations that can help organizations and networks identify interventions and areas of growth to improve the wellbeing of their employees and community members. Information to be shared is based on literature review of existing workplace research conducted in the last two years.
- Understand the mental health challenges digital rights defenders are going through, that are contributing to burnout and an exodus of talent.
- Learn about the action-oriented toolkit of policy recommendations for organizational health that Team CommUNITY will be publishing in the Fall 2022.
Selma Zaki is Team CommUNITY’s director of the Community Mental Health Program and author of this report. She is a licensed Mental Health Counselor with experience in providing therapy services in a diversity of settings, ranging from private practices, to community mental health centers, to hospitals. Selma also has experience conducting qualitative research, and has been published in the Journal of Counseling Psychology for studying the experiences of gender among Arab American Women. For Team CommUNITY, Selma oversees The Community Health Report and The Mental Health Program, which provides individual and group psychosocial services to digital rights defenders across 130+ countries.
Notes will be posted here